Red Velvet’s Joy Updates Fans On Her Health And Addresses Recent Comments About Her Appearance

In April, SM Entertainment announced that Red Velvet‘s Joy would be taking a short break from activities due to poor health, sharing they would be supporting her recovery before she returned to her activities.

_imyour_joy
Red Velvet’s Joy | @_imyour_joy/Instagram

After a short break, Joy re-joined her fellow Red Velvet members and fully resumed her activities at the end of June.

In the official announcement regarding her return, SM Entertainment assured fans that Joy’s condition had significantly improved during her time of rest.

RVsmtown
(Top row, from left:) Red Velvet’s Irene, Joy, and Wendy (Bottom row, from left:) Yeri and Seulgi | @RVsmtown/Twitter

On December 13, Red Velvet and SHINee‘s Key performed at the Lazada Festival Concert in Indonesia.

While many left comments praising Joy’s gorgeous visuals at the show, others made negative comments about her appearance, which the Red Velvet member addressed in recent messages to fans through the artist-to-fan communication app, Bubble.

410579082_1059698425277333_4992231128899597300_n
Red Velvet’s Joy at the “Lazada Festival Concert” | @_imyour_joy/Instagram

rvj

She began by addressing fans’ “curiosity” and “worry” over her year-end activities.

Joy explained that she had been hesitant to mention it before, not wanting fans to worry, but revealed that she hadn’t fully recovered from her poor health during her break from activities.

Hmm… So I know a lot of [ReVeluvs] are curious and even worried about my year-end activities. And I debated whether or not I should share this, because it’s a bit concerning. But when I went on hiatus this year, I didn’t get to fully recover.

— Red Velvet’s Joy

download (1)
| Bubble

She continued, explaining that during her latest promotions, she began to feel ill again. After discussions with SM Entertainment, the company and artist agreed she would take the remainder of the year to focus on her health.

And during my latest promotions, things were starting to look bad again. After discussing things with the company, I decided that for the rest of this year, I’m going to focus on taking better care of myself for everything planned in the new year. I want nothing else but to be 100% there for you all, but it hasn’t worked out that way for me. And I’m sorry.

— Red Velvet’s Joy

Screenshot 2023-12-17 112523
| Bubble

Joy clarified that although she’ll be focusing on her health, she has no plans of going on a “full hiatus” as she had from April to June.

Joy concluded that she’ll work hard for next year’s schedules after revealing that activities are planned for the new year.

That doesn’t mean I’m going to go on a full hiatus like last time! I’m going to work hard next year, so I have to work out a lot and build up my stamina. I’ve burned out all of the muscle that I gained in the past two years.

— Red Velvet’s Joy

See SM Entertainment’s initial notice on Joy’s health, released in April, in the article below.

Red Velvet’s Joy To Temporarily Halt Activities Due To Poor Health



source https://www.koreaboo.com/news/red-velvet-joy-updates-fans-health-addresses-recent-comments-appearance/

Comments