Stray Kids’ Hyunjin “Will Not” Draw His Fellow Groupmates, But One Member May Be The Exception

Stray KidsHyunjin recently appeared in a full eight-page feature in Rolling Stone UK as the star of Versace‘s Holiday Campaign.

Hyunjin officially became Versace’s newest global ambassador in July 2023 and has earned much love and praise, with Versace’s chief brand director and the sister of founder Gianni VersaceDonatella Versace, consistently complimenting the Stray Kids member in his role.

versace
Donatella Versace (left), Stray Kids’ Hyunjin (center), and Dua Lipa (right) | @donatella_versace/Instagram

With his eight-page feature in Rolling Stone UK, Hyunjin also participated in an interview where he talked about everything from his musical projects to his close bond with his fellow Stray Kids members to his dancing and more.

Hyunjin is known for his vocal talents, incredible dancing, strong stage performances, and his handsome visuals. Along with his many musical talents, he’s also a skilled painter and traditional artist, consistently wowing netizens with his art.

Hyunjin revealed that he turns to drawing and painting in his downtime and shared that the subject of his artwork often changes, but he’s drawn to portraits when he wants to express his feelings.

Normally, I draw objects or scenery, but when I want to express my feelings, I try to draw portraits. I also concentrate my energy on the drawings for around five or six hours and that time makes me sit still, so I really love that.

— Stray Kids’ Hyunjin

363903089_821542106019070_2476683664824408167_n
Stray Kids’ Hyunjin | @hynjinnnn/Instagram

When asked in the interview if he would ever draw a portrait of his fellow members, he playfully said that he hadn’t drawn any of the members and “will not.” As for why, he jokingly replied, “I see them every day. Why bother drawing them in my free time?

While he wouldn’t draw a portrait of them, he did admit that he loves gifting them his art on their birthdays.

…I really like giving them my drawings as a gift, so I draw their birthday flower as a present and I will do that from now on, but I will not draw their faces.

— Stray Kids’ Hyunjin

Stray_Kids
(Top row, from left) Stray Kids’ Seungmin, Lee Know, Han, I.N, and Bang Chan (Bottom row, from left:) Felix, Changbin, and Hyunjin | @Stray_Kids/Twitter

There is one member who might be the exception, as Hyunjin remembered that Changbin had asked that he draw him.

Hyunjin often posts his art pieces on his personal Instagram, so maybe fans will see a portrait of Changbin in the future, though the Stray Kids member never said whether he would fulfill the request.

skz
Stray Kids’ Hyunjin (left) and Changbin (right) | @realstraykids/Instagram

Check out more from Hyunjin’s fun Rolling Stone UK interview in the article below!

Stray Kids’ Hyunjin Admits Bang Chan Toned Down “Red Lights” — Can Fans Expect An Unreleased Version?



source https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/stray-kids-hyunjin-artist-not-draw-paint-fellow-group-member-changbin-exception/

Comments